Easy, foolproof and delicious and it does not come out of a frozen box or a take-away bag.
SWEETCORN AND TUNA TOASTIES
- 4-6 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cans (175 g) tuna, drained
- 1 can Cream Style Sweetcorn
- 100 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 100 ml mozzarella cheese, grated
- 30 ml chopped chives
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a few drops fresh lemon juice
- 6-8 slices ciabatta/ french loaf
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine the spring onions, tuna, sweetcorn, cheeses and chives, egg, salt, pepper and add the lemon juice.
- Place the bread on a baking tray and divide the filling between the slices.
- Place in the oven and bake until golden brown.
- Serve with a green salad. (you can take that out of a packet)