One of our favourite dishes to make at home. This recipe for Beef Stroganoff is SO easy and simply irresistably delicious.
Serves 2 – 3 (depends on how hungry you are)
- 500 g fillet steak, finely sliced
- 25 ml oil/olive oil or butter
- 1/2 onion finely sliced
- 10 ml crushed garlic
- 250 g mushrooms sliced
- 30 ml paprika/smoked paprika
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 350 ml cream
- 45 ml lemon juice
- Sprinkle paprika over fillet and mix, let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil/butter in a frying pan.
- Shallow fry onions, garlic and mushrooms until golden brown.
- Add fillet strips and shallow fry for about 3 minutes.
- Pour over cream and let simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve over cooked rice and enjoy!