Nothing beats a juicy succulent steak right off the braai. This recipe will leave your mates wanting more and more and may even grant you a nomination for the next Masterchef.
- 1 small onion – chopped
- 1 clove garlic – crushed
- 50 ml olive oil
- 50 ml vinegar (any kind you like)
- 20 ml soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 10 ml Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 2 ml salt
- 1 ml black pepper
- 300 g good quality rump, fillet or rib eye steak
- Place onion, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, rosemary, mustard, salt, and pepper into the bowl of a food processor or in a handblender bowl.
- Process until smooth.
- Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour marinade over steak, seal, and refrigerate for about 3 hours.
- Flame up the braai. you need a high heat for cooking your steaks.
- Rub your grid with some raw onion.
- Discard marinade, and place steak on the prepared grill.
- Cook for 7 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.