I love cooking with balsamic vinegar, it’s a refreshingly different way of serving boring glazed carrots, and this recipe is super easy.
- 120 ml butter
- 1.6 kg peeled baby/regular casrrots peeled, cut into strips
- 100 ml sugar (or to taste)
- 80 ml balsamic vinegar
- 60 ml chopped fresh parsley or 60 ml chopped cillantro or coriander
- Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Add carrots and sauté 5 minutes.
- Cover and cook until carrots are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and vinegar.
- Cook uncovered until carrots are tender and glazed, stirring frequently, about 12 minutes longer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add parsley or cilantro and toss to blend.
- Transfer to bowl and serve.