Chicken Marsala is one of my favourite dishes to make in our training restaurant and the students love to make it due to the flavours. It is especially nice for dinner during the colder evenings.
- 450 g boneless, skinless chicken breast halved
- 60 g all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp Margarine
- 300 g white button mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 250 ml water
- 75 ml dry Marsala wine
- ½ tsp chopped fresh thyme
- Evenly coat chicken with flour.
- Melt 2 tablespoons Margarine in 30 cm non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Gently place chicken into pan and brown the meat, turning just once.
- Reduce heat and cook chicken for further 3-4 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon Margarine in same pan over medium-high heat and add mushrooms and onion, stirring occasionally.
- Cook for around 6 minutes until vegetables are golden brown then stir in Knorr Chicken Stock Pot.
- Serve with aromatic Basmati rice