Merry Christmas to all! I hope that you embrace this special day and spend it with family, friends and loved ones. Complete your Christmas day with Martha Steward’s exquisite Eggnog recipe.
MARTHA’S CLASSIC EGGNOG RECIPE
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 2 cups full cream milk
- 3 cups heavy cream, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup whisky/southern comfort
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup Cognac, or good quality brandy
- Nutmeg and cinnamon for sprinkling
- Beat yolks in a very large bowl until thick and pale.
- Slowly beat in sugar.
- Whisk in milk and 2 cups cream.
- Mix in whisky, rum, and Cognac.
- Cover, and refrigerate for up to 1 day (if you want to make some extra for boxing day)
- Just before serving, beat whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whites into eggnog.
- Whisk remaining 1 cup cream until stiff peaks form, and fold into eggnog.
- (Alternatively, you can fold half the whipped cream into eggnog, and top with remaining half.)
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.