During the South African winter months, the smell of freshly peeled citrus fruit fills the air daily. Here is a mouthwatering recipe that will make you go back for seconds….
10 chicken pieces
120 ml honey or apricot jam
3 lemon, juice and grated peel
3 orange, juice and grated peel
12 ml minced ginger
10 cloves garlic
55 ml soy sauce
15 ml heaped, chicken stock powder
2 bunches well washed coriander
salt and milled pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 ºC.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients, except coriander, together and pour over chicken.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 180 ºC and baste chicken (constantly spooning liquid over chicken).
- Add coriander and roast for a further 30-35 minutes.
- Serve with buttery mashed potatoes or parsley rice.