I stumbled across this recipe, looking for salad recipes for my students to make, and it gives a totally fresh and delicious alternative to the old fashioned coleslaw that we are so used to
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 head green cabbage, chopped or shredded
- 1 or 2 green or red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill or 2 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- salt and pepper to taste
- In large bowl, combine cabbage and peppers.
- In small bowl, combine dill, mayonnaise, buttermilk, and salt and pepper and blend well.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill 3-4 hours before serving.
You can also add grated carrots, some red cabbage, peppadews, cocktail onions or finely chopped onion to your coleslaw for an even better twist!