Cooking in this heat is almost impossible. A sandwich is probably the quickest and easiest solution. But, you do get to a point where bread is no longer appealing, so what do you do. Try this super fast and easy Cruncy Cabbage Salad recipe.
- Thinly sliced cabbage
- 5 packet 2 Minute Noodles
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1/2cup stock or flavour sachet from noodles
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1Tbs vinegar
- 1Tbs soy sauce
- Break up the noodles and toast in the oven together with the almonds and seeds, keep an eye on them, and give them a stir so they brown evenly.
- Mix dressing ingredients together.
- Once the noodles, almonds and seeds are cool add to the cabbage and spring onions.
- Pour over the dressing just before serving.