Sunday pre lunch snacks – check, Sunday lunch starter – check, exquisite Sunday lunch – check, Sunday lunch dessert…….. oh no!!! You have been trying so hard to make your magazine perfect Sunday lunch that you completely forgot about dessert. Never fear, the easiest Sunday lunch dessert ever is near!
Serves 6 – 8
EGG CUSTARD PIE
- 4.5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cans evaporated milk
- 300 g white sugar
- 12 g all-purpose flour
- 60 g butter
- 25 ml vanilla extract
- In no specific order, mix all of the ingredients together in a mixer or blender.
- Butter a pie pan or ramekins, dust with flour, and add mixture.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 190 degrees C or until golden.
- Tastes good hot or cold so you can make it in advance if you want to and store it in the fridge.
- Serve as is or with rich chocolate sauce, fresh fruits, nuts and dried fruits or anything your heart desires!