Paptert, a traditional modern South African dish. This dish is so easy, you can impress your guests, even with no culinary skills. This dish is a definite favourite in our household, and once you have tried it, it will become a true favourite in your house too!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
1 can Tomato and Onion
1 can corn
250g (1 packet) bacon chopped
1 packet white button mushrooms chopped
1 medium onion (grated)
125 ml oil (1/2 cup)
375 ml (1 and half cup) milk
1 cup braaipap (NOT NORMAL MAIZE MEAL)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup grated cheese
- Put oven on 180 degrees Celsius
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the above ingredients together except the cheese.
- Pour in an oven safe bowl.
- Bake in oven for approximately 1 hour.
- Remove, sprinkle cheese over and grill until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.