With the RWC 2019 in full swing…. we are anxiously awaiting the Italy VS Canada and England VS USA games. What better way to enjoy these games with some All American snacks….Explosive American Drive-In Movie Popcorn, super easy to make and oh so delicious with that sweet and salty combination that only Americans can justify….it is a sweet popcorn snack with Oreos, M&M’s and a sweet popping surprize!
- 1/4 cup popping corn OR you can use one packet of plain microwave popcorn if you are too lazy to pop the corn on the stove
- 4 Oreo cookies, crumbled
- 1/2 cup M&Ms (I used plain)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pack Pop Rocks (we know it as popping candy – usually found at some supermarkets or your local Crazy Store)
- Pop the popcorn on the stove or pop a bag of microwave popcorn and lay flat on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle over the crumbled cookies and M&Ms and drizzle the butter over all of it.
- Melt the sugar in a saucepan until caramelized, add the salt, and drizzle over the popcorn. Sprinkle the pop rocks on top and serve.