We are calling on our cricket followers in South Africa and around the world to get behind the 4th Momentum ODI between the Castle Lager Proteas and England at the Bidvest Wanderers Stadium on 12 February 2016.
The traditional Pink ODI aims to raise R1 Million rand from initiatives at the match to support the wonderful work the PinkDrive is doing in the Breast Cancer Awareness space.
This challenge was made at a breakfast this morning to announce details around the popular Pink ODI.
The last three Pink ODI’s saw a total of R1,475,000 raised, which contributed to PinkDrive purchasing new mobile mammography and gynaecology trucks.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Show your support by wearing pink on match day – whether you are at Bidvest Wanderers or at home watching on TV (broadcast live on both Supersport 2 and SABC 3)
You can help the cause by:
- Sending a sms to 40158 with the keyword “PINKDRIVE” and donate R20.00 (only valid in South Africa)
- Donate via GivenGain https://www.givengain.com/cause/2871/donate/#start
- Donate Via PayPal http://www.pinkdrive.co.za/donate-2-2/
You stand a chance of winning:
- 2 return airtickets on Kulula, a Rovos Rail Trip, 2 nights accommodation Protea Hotels, weekend car hire Bidvest Car Rental (1)
- 2 return airtickets on Kulula,2 nights accommodation Protea Hotels, weekend car hire Bidvest Car Rental (1)
- 2 return airtickets on Kulula, 2 nights accommodation Protea Hotels, weekend car hire Bidvest Car Rental (1)
- Pink Cricket shirts thanks to New Balance (10)
- Signed Pink Cricket shirt thanks to CSA (3)
The aim is to raise a million Rand!
If one hundred thousand fans and supporters donate R10/$1/£1 through one of the payment portals on our website, http://www.pinkdrive.co.za/category/ways-to-give/ or http://www.pinkdrive.co.za/1612/donate/ we will reach over R1 million.
The Proteas will once again wear Pink in this match to show their support and create further awareness for Breast Cancer.
Cricket South Africa (CSA), Bidvest, the Gauteng Cricket Board and sponsors Momentum and Castle Lager amongst others will also be contributing to the ‘pinkness’ of the day and to raising funds. Billboards and other branding paraphernalia around Bidvest Wanderers will be swopped out with pink and merchandise will be on sale at the stadium.
As in previous years support for the Proteas will be backed up with sizable donations for every run, 4 and 6. Also if a player hits the giant red inflatable Momentum “M”, Momentum will donate an additional R100,000 to PinkDrive.
Contributions from commercial partners include:
- Bidvest will donate R1,000 each time the ball touches the boundary rope
- Team sponsors Castle Lager will donate R10 000 for every catch taken in the match. In addition, South African Breweries, will donate R2.50 for every Castle Lager bought on match day
- If a player hits the red inflatable Momentum “M”, Momentum will donate R100,000
- Momentum will also donate R10,000 for every six hit into the Momentum Family Area
Noelene Kotschan, CEO and Founder of PinkDrive, expressed her utmost excitement for this year’s match.
“This annual dedicated match is the major highlight on the PinkDrive sporting calendar. It is apparent that the Pink kit is a good omen for the Proteas. We are extremely excited about what this match holds and what the team will do this year” said Noelene.
She further said that PinkDrive is grateful to organizations such as Momentum, Bidvest, SAB, Cricket South Africa and Gauteng Cricket who drive this event and help ensure that funds and awareness is raised towards breast cancer education and screening.
“We are humbled in being nominated as the beneficiary for the fourth time from this event. The funds received ensure that we can continue to deliver the much needed service in South Africa.”
Tickets can be obtained at www.ticketpros.co.za