Ever tried to do a deboned leg of lamb on the coals? This is the perfect recipe with a hint of uniqueness and a wonderful taste sensation, that will leave your guests fighting for the last portion.
Serves: 6 – 8
A deboned leg of lamb (about 2.5kg)
500ml plain yoghurt
6 cloves of crushed garlic, finely chopped or 30 ml garlic puree
3 lemons (Juiced)
a few sprigs of rosemary, finely chopped
A handful of mint leaves, finely chopped
10 ml smoked paprika
salt and cracked black pepper
- Mix the yoghurt, garlic, lemons juice, rosemary or mint, smoked paprika, salt and black pepper.
- Carefully make a few holes in the meat.
- Rub the yoghurt marinade all over the meat as well as inside the holes.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 48 hours.
- Braai the leg of lamb over medium coals for about half an hour or longer if you prefer your lamb more cooked.
- Baste your meat every now and then with the leftover marinade.
- You want the lamb to caramelise on the outside, and be cooked (but still pink) on the inside.
- Once done, remove off the heat, put the lamb aside to rest for about 15 minutes before carving.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil, lemon juice and garlic vinaigrette over the carved lamb just before serving.