Make your own marinade for your braai according to your own specifications and taste. You can even become the envy of all your friends by developing your own “secret marinade” to use every time you host a braai.
Makes about 125 – 250 ml
- 2ml dried rosemary, or 1tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2ml dried marjoram, or 1tsp fresh marjoram
- 2ml dried parsley, or 1tp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves of garlic or 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- ½ cup vegetable oil or olive oil
Optional extra add-ons:
1/2 cup red wine
1/2 cup sherry
thyme instead of rosemary
- Mix all the ingredients together, and marinate meat in this mixture overnight, or for several hours before braaiing.
- Using a sprig of rosemary as a brush, continually baste the meat whilst cooking.
- This marinade can be made in advance and stored in the fridge until required.