If you’re like me and have to restrain yourself from picking up a jar of Nutella and dipping your finger in every time you walk past the cupboard, you’ll love this recipe. You’ll have a love-hate relationship with it really. Yes, it’s wicked. Best of all this recipe is ridiculously easy!
Makes 2 jars
- 200g Hazelnuts (skin off)
- 1 can condensed milk
- 250g chocolate (cooking chocolate) – dark chocolate is best
- ½ cup hot milk
- In a dry pan (no oil), heat the hazelnuts until they start browning nicely – keep moving them around and be careful not to burn them!
- Take them out the pan and place on a plate and allow them to cool.
- Once they’ve cooled down, place the nuts in a food processor or blender and process until they look like peanut butter . This may take up to 15 minutes (or longer) depending on how powerful your machine is.
- Melt the chocolate either over the stove with a double boiler or you can use the microwave like I did – place the chocolate in a microwaveable bowl and heat for 1 minute (on medium-high) and stir well and then another minute and stir well until the chocolate is melted.
- Once the chocolate has melted, stir in the condensed milk.
- Now add the above mixture to the hazelnut butter and process for a minute or two.
- At this point you may notice that the mixture becomes quite thick and dense. Add ½ cup of hot milk if you want to thin it out a bit (I added the milk and it made the consistency just right).
- Pour into jars – AND LICK OUT THE BOWL!