We love hot, we love saucy and we love wings… Put them all together and what do you get? An amazing taste explosion. My favourite part of this dish is at the end, you look like a toddler who tasted chocolate spread for the first time…. But its worth it!
HOT AND SAUCY WINGS
Serves 6 – 8
- 3 kg chicken wings and drumettes, rinsed well and patted dry
- 1 1/2 cups sticky sweet barbeque marinade
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- salt and pepper
For the Dip
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large bowl, add the chicken wings and sticky sweet barbeque marinade and stir until well coated. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Build a nice charcoal or wood fire in your favourite braai. If you are stuggling, we can help, just click here….
- In a medium bowl, add the honey, orange zest, paprika, cayenne, butter, salt and pepper, and stir until well blended.
- Arrange the wings, skin side up, in a single layer on the grill. Discard any leftover marinade. Cook the wings for 7 to 9 minutes over medium heat. Turn the wings over and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes. Then baste liberally with the honey glaze and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes or until the wings are crisp and the glaze has melted. Discard any leftover glaze.
- In a small bowl, add the mayonnaise, sour cream and lemon juice, and stir until smooth. Fold in the blue cheese just until combined. Cover the dip tightly with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour. Serve the wings immediately with the dip.