Baked apples can be soooo boring, but this modern recipe revitalises the taste buds and gives you a new adoration for a baked apple. Only 5 ingredients for your baked apple and your taste buds will rejoice!
BAKED STUFFED APPLE
- 1 apple
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
- Cut the stem out of the apple and hollow out the center, without going through the bottom. (you can use an apple corer)
- In a small cup, stir together the cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar.
- Set aside half of this mixture, and mix the rest with the cream cheese and dried cranberries.
- Sprinkle some of the reserved cinnamon sugar into the apple’s cavity.
- Fill with the cream cheese mixture, and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on the top.
- Place the apple in a small baking dish.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the apple is tender enough to easily pierce with a fork.
- Serve with custard or as is.