Mondays are always rushed and when you get home you are simply exhausted and not in the mood for effort in the kitchen. This is the perfect recipe to turn your blue Monday into a DELICIOUS Monday.
4-5 cups cooked chicken, cubed (i usually go to the shop and buy a roast chicken)
2 cups broccoli florets – steamed (buy 500 g packet, snip off the corner and microwave for about 5 to 8 minutes)
1 medium onion, diced
250 g softened cream cheese (pop in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften)
1 cup chicken stock
1 1/2 cups grated cheese
2 tablespoons fried onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Spray a large pan or casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Place chicken and broccoli in a large mixing bowl.
- Fry onion in olive oil with salt and pepper.
- When onion is soft and slightly brown (about 3-5 minutes), add cream cheese to pan.
- When cream cheese is melted, whisk in chicken broth until the mixture is smooth.
- Allow to simmer for about a minute, or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add cream cheese and onion mixture to chicken and broccoli.
- Mix well.
- Add 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese and mix again.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread evenly in baking pan/casserole dish.
- Add remaining 3/4 cup cheese and fried onions on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbling.
- Enjoy! (and best of all, the leftovers are delicious as well!)
*** This recipe contains only 3 carbs per serving!! So it’s a MUST for all you weight watchers!!!