During cold weather, nothing is better than comfort food, and why not add some prawns to that comfort food?
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaves (fresh or dried)
- 3-4 green chillies (i use only one as hubby is not a fan of hot food)
- 15 ml garlic and ginger paste
- 30 ml mixed masala
- 5 ml turmeric
- 6 medium-sized jam tomatoes, peeled and pureed (jam tomatoes are those oval shaped tomatoes, but if you cannot find them you can use normal tomatoes aswell)
- 500 g prawns, shelled, cleaned, but keep tails intact
- fresh coriander leaves
- Stir-fry the onion, curry leaves and chillies in a little heated oil until the onion is golden brown.
- Stir in the ginger and garlic paste.
- Add the masala, turmeric and tomatoes, and fry for a few minutes before turning the heat down to simmer until the tomatoes are fragrant.
- Add the prawns, cover and simmer for another 5-7 minutes or until the prawns are done.
- Season with salt and sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves.
- I love to serve this with fresh french or cheese loaf.