There is nothing better than a fresh crisp delicious salad during the summer time. This Prawn, Melon and Mango salad is the perfect accompaniment to a hot summers day with its fruity flavours.
- 400 g cooked peeled tiger prawns
- 1 mango, about 600 g
- ¼ honeydew melon, about 340 g, cubed
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100 g rocket leaves
- ¼ cucumber, sliced
- salt and pepper
- fresh mint leaves to garnish
- Mint and honey dressing or a lemon and yoghurt dressing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the prawns to the dressing, cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Halve the mango lengthways, cutting down round each side of the stone.
- Cut the flesh on each half in a criss-cross fashion to make cubes, then cut the cubes away from the skin.
- Remove the prawns from the fridge.
- Add the mango, melon and tomatoes and gently stir together.
- Arrange the rocket leaves and cucumber slices around the edge of a shallow serving dish, and spoon the prawn salad into the centre.
- Garnish with sprigs of mint and enjoy
You can add an optional cup of cooked and cooled basmati rice to your salad if you want.