We recently entered a RYVITA challenge where we had to invent our own Mzanzi Sandwich. Eager and excited, we entered our very own and unique Decadent Ostrich and Cheese open sandwich and we are very proud to announce that we got 2nd place!!!
Here is our famous RYVITA open sandwich recipe:
Makes 1 Ryvita open sandwich
- 2 tablespoons Simonsberg plain cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Fairview White Rock cheese with cranberries
- ½ handful rocket salad leaves
- 1 teaspoon raw julienne beetroot
- 1 teaspoon micro herbs (mixed salad)
- 1 slice Ostrich Salami cut in half
- 1 slice Ryvita Crunch Light Rye
- Spread the cream cheese nice and thick on top of the Ryvita slice.
- Place a handful of rocket salad leaves on the cream cheese.
- Cut the Ostrich Salami in half and fold each piece in half, place on top of the rocket salad leaves.
- Sprinkle with the White Rock cheese.
- Garnish with some Julienne Beetroot and micro herbs and enjoy!