Having been appointed as one of the 20 Friends of LaLiga, we have decided to share some Spanish recipes which is sure to get the taste buds going and juices flowing. Make sure to follow us on Twitter and give us a mention and a retweet using #TheYellowCapAtletico and let us know which recipes you like best?
Enjoy the taste of the Mediterranean with this fresh, wholesome snack that’s packed with omega-3, easy and delicious and of course…. Spanish Sardines on Toast is best enjoyed with a glass of Sangria.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 x 120g cans sardinesin sunflower oil, drained
- 4 slices brown bread
- half small bunch parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, fry the garlic clove and red chilli.
- Add the lemon zest.
- Add the sardines and heat through for a few mins until warm.
- Toast the brown bread. Stir the parsley into the sardines, add a squeeze of lemon juice, then divide between the toast and serve.