We have not forgotten about our vegetarian followers, here is something easy and very delicious for dinner. I have made this myself also and just served some grilled chicken on the side.
- 15 ml cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 15 ml Curry Powder
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 kg butternut, peeled and cubed
- 250 ml water
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube (you can use Chicken stock if you are not vegetarian)
- 1 handful green beans, chopped
- 30 ml Thick Vegetable Soup powder in a packet
- Heat the oil in a pot then fry the onion and green pepper until soft.
- Add the Rajah Curry Powder and tomato and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the butternut, water and Stock Cube, stir well and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally, then add the green beans and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Mix the Thick Vegetable Soup with 4 tablespoons of water to make a smooth paste, stir it into the pot and simmer for a further 5 minutes to thicken.
- Serve with rice, pap or polenta.