This traditional South African dish is so easy and mouthwatering and all you need is 4 simple ingredients. The perfect mid-week dinner.
- 80 ml olive oil (about 5 tablespoons) OR butter if you like it rich (like us)
- 500 g chicken livers
- 1 packet sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of your favourite Nando’s sauce (we like the medium or garlic sauce)
- a big handfull of your favourite cheese like parmesan or cheddar (we used parmesan)
- 4 portuguese rolls, cheese rolls or even hot dog rolls
- Heat your olive oil or butter over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and shallow fry for 2 minutes
- Add the chicken livers and shallow fry for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the Nando’s sauce to the chicken livers and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve with your fresh rolls.