Springbok legends, Braam van Straaten and Robbi Kempson, to host rugby clinics for coaches, and youth in Johannesburg.
Excited to announce our COACHES & YOUTH RUGBY CLINICS this October at St Stithians College. The clinics are open to all coaches and youth (8-18yrs) across all levels in Gauteng.
Join these two rugby greats for a weekend full of rugby specific positions sessions.
Robbie Kempson has served the game of rugby on various levels and continues to do so as coach at the Kings. Kempson, who provides expert analysis on television, represented the Springboks in 37 Test matches as a prop between 1998 – 2003.
– 37 Springbok caps
– Played or The Sharks, Western Province, Stormers, New Port & Ulster
– 4 Currie Cups
– Coached EP Kings, Southern Kings & UCT ( level 3)
– Coach Educator
– SuperSport Analyst & Commentator
Braam van Straaten scored an unbelievable 56.52% of the Springboks’ points during his test career of 21 matches between 1999 and 2001. It is the biggest percentage by any player in the history of Springbok Rugby. Van Straaten scored 221 of the Springboks’ 391 points during his career.
– 21 Springbok Caps ( 221 points)
– Played for The Bulls, SWD Eagles, Falcons, WP & Griquas
– Coached EP Kings & The Sharks (level 3)
Coaches Clinic, 15 October 2021
Kicking Clinic Presented by Braam van Straaten, 16 October– How to find your perfect kick
– Place kicking insight
– Movement detail: place kick & kicking out of hand
– Movement patterns & pattern breakers
– On-field analysis & faults correction
– How to train
– Kicking analysis feedback
Attacking Clinic Presented by Braam van Straaten , 17 October 2021 – Accuracy, Speed & Agility
– Little known aspects & secrets of ball handling, catching & passing
– Speed agility & use of special awareness skills
– How to attack space
– Understanding running lines, creating your own time & space that gives you accuracy
Forwards Progression & Scrums Clinic Presented by Robbi Kempson, 17 October
– Body preparation, techniques & mentality
– Lifting techniques, movement & jumping techniques
– Hooker throwing – accuracy, skill & core hooker conditioning
– Core. Shape & binding
– Scrum progression
– Individual, unit & team technique
– Mental awareness
For more details or to book your place mail firstname.lastname@example.org