Often times rugby players experience body and facial breakouts because acne forms when pores or hair follicles become clogged with dead skin and sebum (oil) – this is common, but doesn’t have to become a reoccurring problem.
While activities like running, outdoor fitness sessions, and kicking sessions can keep your body and mind fit, hours spent sweating in a gym or logging miles in the sun and wind can cause havoc on your skin if you’re not careful.
Not only are you being exposed to risk factors from sun exposure, too much time outdoors could also reduce your skins elasticity and cause a person to age prematurely.
However, healthy clear skin is possible to achieve and maintain when implementing a regular skin regime, even for a sportsmen. Breakouts will soon become a thing of the past!
Male skincare has proudly become a regular and more common part of today’s generation. Professional rugby player, Vincent Tshituka recently popped by SkinPHD Queenswood for some “skincare pampering”.
We spoke to the owners of SkinPhD Queenswood Quarter, Mariette and Carla, who broke down all the benefits of regular facials exclusively for our readers.
SkinPhD Queenswood Quarter is a tranquil and peaceful setting where you will receive bespoke treatments to enhance your outer and inner beauty. They focus on both men and women, and actively encourage men to become more dedicated to skincare and going for facials!
One of their more popular offerings for men is their signature facial treatments. A facial is essentially a multi-step skin treatment that is one of the best ways to take care of your skin and let’s be honest, men deserve glowing skin too!
- Facials rehydrate your skin – We use the best technology and most advanced ingredients in our products to rehydrate the skin.
- Facials help slow down premature ageing – Collagen stimulation is your best way to slow down premature ageing, therefore, the collagen induction is an extremely good facial procedure to do. Facials stimulate collagen production and strengthen muscle memory.
- Facials unclog pores – pores need to be unclogged to prevent acne and scarring to the skin. Regular deep cleansing treatments and exfoliation play a very vital role in unclogging pores. On any given day, your skin is battling sweat, pollution, and pore-clogging face creams and more! Oily skin types are more prone to experience blockages in their pores, which causes bacteria and furthermore causes acne.
- Facials improve imperfections – skin imperfections can be improved with our range of advanced skin peels. Acne can sometimes leave unwanted dark spots, pockmarks, or scarring on the skin.
- Facials maintain healthy skin – New skin cells are produced every 28 days. In order to maintain healthy skin, the correct products and treatments should be done every 28 days in order to maintain healthy and vibrant skin. Facials promote a clear, well-hydrated complexion and can help your skin look younger.
Men that shave: If you shave on the day of your facial, be sure to do so at least six to eight hours before your appointment.
What product/treatment do you recommend for breakouts?
We suggest a ‘Skin Perfect Deep Cleanse’. This facial in particular helps treat impure skin. It includes steam, extractions and our new bio-technology Brightening mask to soothe the skin.
“Products should be used at home in conjunction with our treatments. It is vital to make this part of your daily lifestyle,” they added.
Situated in Queenswood, Pretoria, their salon offers a wide variety of male beauty treatments from massages and waxes to advanced facials and aesthetic beauty treatments.
Contact SkinPhd Queenswood on 087 898 1078.