With the start of yet another Super Rugby season only 2 weeks away there will be a few early mornings of rugby awaiting all of us. Aside from lighting a braai at 06:00 in the morning, what else can you do to satisfy your taste buds and sustain you for an action packed 80 minutes of non-stop rugby?
Here is my list of top 5 score-worthy Super Rugby breakfast snacks that will keep you going until the final whistle blows:
- A ‘Dagwood’ sandwich – the perfect excuse to use as many items from the fridge and cupboard as you can, all on one sandwich, so as not to miss a minute!
- Everyone’s trusted favourite, a toasted egg and bacon sandwich, add some tangy cheese and Ms Balls Chutney for variation.
- A stack of flapjacks dripping with syrup. Add some crispy streaky bacon for the not so cholesterol conscious.
- A biltong omelette. Add some nice sliced biltong and cheese to your filling.
- A personal weekend favourite: 2 slices of white toast, slices of strong cheddar cheese, fried bacon, grilled tomato and onion slices, some fried eggs and sliced biltong and droe wors. This is seen as a great Saturday morning pick-me-up, especially after Friday nights rugby with the boys!
If all else fails and you are not the best cook in the house, grab a box of Ouma rusks and some strong coffee…
Grab a few beers and a bag of biltong and just ENJOY THE RUGBY!!!