If you are tired of the plain old roast potatoes, this recipe is a must. This dish reinvents the old roast potatoe and breathes life into your meal.
- 2 kg potatoes, peeled and cut to the size of golf balls
- 8-9 cloves garlic, skins left on and squashed
- 2 oranges, use only the peel, cut into long thin strips
- 1 large bunch fresh sage, leaves only
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC.
- In a large pan, parboil the potatoes in boiling, salted water for 10 minutes, then drain in a colander, shaking it to chuff up the edges of the potatoes.
- Heat a large roasting tray on the hob over a low heat. (You may need 2 trays.)
- Add the oil and the garlic, orange peel and sage, then fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes and toss them until well coated.
- Place the tray in the oven and cook for 45 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Season and serve